Saturday, December 31, 2005

closure

~* music: kung wala ka - hale
~* mood: melodramatic


i walked down the side of the bay, watching the sun set on the day before new year's eve. people were busy rushing up and down the street and i could feel the lightness of the sky as pink clouds scattered their love on the horizon. today was the end of it all and i could feel the cool breeze calming my soul. the waters below me softly whispered my goodbyes for you, wherever you may be.

i walked down the baywalk, taking each memory of you and raising it up to the sky, up to God. i prayed that the water would wash away everything, all the things this year has brought me. i prayed that the waves would take memories of you and keep them safe in a beautiful place. i will be back for them one day. as for now, i'm taking my heart and living my life so that i may find God again. this year has been terrific. amazing. indescribable.

half of me no longer wishes you were right here with me. instead, i pray for your safety and well-being no matter where you may be. the sun's light is soft upon my skin, reminding my of God's gentle love. the birds on the shore sing happy songs now, as they welcome the new year. i loved you, and this year, i tamed that love. this year, i tamed my heart. this year, i made my heart understand why you were not there. next year, my heart will love again. i may still miss you a lot, but you really don't have to know. your part in my life is over and God has sent me angels to watch over my fragile heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home