Tuesday, August 24, 2004

back from my memory

::music:: somewhere in the middle - dishwalla
::mood :: worried

you killed them, soft white birds
now i bury them in my backyard.
these things i'll never say
keep pushing their way out.
i'm imprisoning my words
but then they come out softly
i hate to say them
coz they don't make sense.
who am i anyway?
i'm just a sick lost girl.
who am i to you
i'm that fallen girl
falling to rise again
and i've come back from the dead
i'm not a ghost to haunt you
i'm not here to torment you
when you have always mistaken me
for a someone who cared too much.
i am not a ghost
i will not haunt you
i will not be your destruction.
i wanted to take it all away of i could
but the memory of the dead birds won't fly away.
coz you've sunk in too deep
when you won't hand me your pain
and you can't save yourself
and i can't save you.

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger uncoatedmusings said...

hmmm... that's some heavy blogging val... sowee i clogged your tag-board! haha... story of my life.

;) see ya 'round gurl!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger ~* sowelu said...

it's all good mah dear.. :) thanks for the post.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home