Friday, September 15, 2006

fireflies. freedom.

~* music: blind - lifehouse
~* mood: sleepy

fireflies.

seems so distant now those stars in your eyes
or were there stars that used to reside there?

these oceans now calm giggle at the breeze
that pass by its tiny waves carrying memories
of years i have held so close to me.

i smile back at the deep sky as it burns
lightly as the sun departs for the night
to hold me tight in its warm, windy embrace.

i love this, holding hands with the ones who
stayed amidst my errors, my ways, my flaws;
those who rescued and lit the way for me.

i look at them with so much love, with so much marvel.
i keep their memories in the light of the firefly
that appeared on the same night that changed my life.

the little firefly that tried to warn me of you.
the same firefly you hoped to catch with your hands.

i can't say i don't miss you.
though i can say that i'm stronger than you ever thought i was.
i'm stronger than you'll ever know i am.

the winds have changed and things are going my way.
each day is a blessing that i've kept inside brown pages,
black ink, yellow light and night music.

each day becomes a light i shine in the night.
each day becomes my peace, my heaven, my nirvana.
each day becomes each prayer i lift up.

because i never forget the good things.
because i haven't lost my faith.
because i believe enough to live another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home