Saturday, October 30, 2004

random poem. sucks.

[:music:] somewhere in between - lifehouse
[:mood :] sleepy..


pretty butterfly tears
stinging my eyes
find my peace as i walk away
and find God
instead i find you
the pain you bring
each time i look and see
the love you have for her
breaks me
into pieces
on the chapel floor
where i cried and no one
could hear me
except for God
whom i thought
would make things better for me
for you
for everything i thought
we had.
i lost.
i lost a lot
and in this time
i cannot bear to see
what i've lost
and what she thinks
she hasn't found.
this deity of darkness
cries for everything
for the love that no one
could ever understand,
for the love that no one
even bothered to care for
and so it died along with me.
when i tried to resurrect
even more shadows led me on
to the lies you created
to make me believe
that you were there
even if you never were.
these tears shall be frozen in time
with you as a reason
for everything i believed in
for the love i lived for
the love that you never returned
for the love you killed
those white doves on the bridge
i crossed today.


remember how you slaughtered my white doves? the one that became my hope, my strength, my peace...remember when you led me on to think that hope was everything at the moment. remember that someone whom you promised to be there for even after the rain. remember me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home